The Metraflex Company supplies piping specialty products to the commercial HVAC industry.
Metraflex Manufacturers the innovative Metraloop® expansion loop for thermal expansion and seismic movement, the Cablesphere® expansion joint, and the Suction Diffuser Flex and VaneFlex™ flow conditioning joints, The Metraflex Company makes a variety of engineered piping products including expansion joints, expansion compensators, wall penetration seals, pipe guides, pump connectors, strainers, valves and more. .
Metal Expansion Joints
Metragator Metal Expansion Joint
The Metragator comes standard for movements of 4″, 6″ and 8″. Available in 150 and 300 psi models and can be configured as doubles if required. Consult factory if doubles are required.
Other sizes and types are available up to 24″. Learn more on other Metraflex Metal Expansion Joint options.
The typical Metraloop installation is axial for thermal applications, or in any possible direction for seismic applications – including axial, lateral and angular. Piping systems are used to convey hot water, chilled water, steam, condensate, potable water, fire sprinkler lines, gas lines, waste lines, and more.
Energy Saving Pump Connectors
- Reduces discharge turbulence in a fraction of space
- Hydrodynamic shaped vanes
- Protects valves immediately downstream of pump
- Equals 5-10 pipe diameter turbulence reduction
- Less Pressure drop than 5-10 pipe diameter
- Vibration isolating pump connector
Suction Diffuser Flex
- Guaranteed measurable improved performance
- Reduced pump vibration and wear
- Maximize pump operating life
- Reduced pump maintenance
- Increased pump efficiency
- Increased flow rate
VRF Expansion Joints
To operate efficiently VRF or VRV* systems are operating at significantly higher pressures than we are used to seeing with Hydronic systems. Test pressures can reach 700 psi with 200F to 300F operating temperatures. These systems are operating at the high end of our piping components and as such are introducing stress levels that need additional design consideration.
- Externally pressurized expansion joints with 3″- 4″ of compensation and .5″ of extension.
- Allows 2″ – 3″ of compression and .5′ of extension on various options.
- Features nickel-plated internal guides for quiet operation.
- Rugged design protects the bellows.
- Available in .75″ through 3″ – 4″ diameter in flanged or weld ends.
Wall Penetration Seals
Metraflex Wall Penetration Seals create a mechanical water-tight seal, filling the space around any round pipe including: concrete, steel, plastic, cast iron, copper, and electrical conduit.
- Mechanical, interlocking rubber waterstop
- Rated at 20 psi
- Helps isolate noise and vibration
- EPDM, Nitrile and Silicone options
To quickly calculate the right seal for your application use the online seal calculator.